The Ranch Country Club is recruiting for an Executive Chef. The Executive Chef is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day culinary operations of the club. The position ensures the highest quality for Members and their guest. Must be versatile with banquet experience being a key part of our operation.
The Executive Chef assists in preparing an annual budget and achieves these financial goals throughout the year, through proper forecasting, cost controls and labor management. She / He will coordinate the ordering and monitoring of all food and kitchen wares and the engineering of all menu items to maintain the proper contribution margin.
The Executive Chef is also responsible for hiring of all kitchen staff and their training / development through education and creative instruction. By ensuring standardization recipes and plate presentation for a la Carte venues and catered events, the Executive Chef and his culinary team are expected to deliver a memorable dining experience for all Members and guests. The Executive Chef is an advocate of outstanding service to the members and understand the critical role that membership and exceeding expectations regarding the success of the operation. This person would need to be open for relocation to various parts of the United States.
> Minimum of Two years’ experience as an Executive Chef or Five years’ experience as Sous Chef
> Has successfully led dynamic and high-volume culinary operations with multiple dining outlets
> Possesses characteristics that command a presence in the dining room
> Proven track record of team management, organizational and coaching skills within the heart of the House
> Solid understanding of a la carte and banquet revenue generation
> Has successfully led dynamic and high-volume culinary operations with multiple dining outlets.
> Has strong management skills with verifiable strengths in inspirational leadership, financial performance, and people skills
> Has thorough knowledge of menu planning for both restaurants and banquets, providing modern and current food preparation based on a solid foundation of cookery; and can plan and execute high-volume buffet and banquet cuisine that exceeds expectations.
> Is a confident, proactive team builder with a history of attracting, developing and retaining high performing staff.
> Has a solid reputation as a high-quality chef, mentor, teacher, operator, and “game changer.”
> Organizes, prioritizes, delegates and follows-through with assignments.
> Motivates and maintains a cohesive team while managing and directing their performance.
> Promotes positive work relationships with other departments.
> Manages change effectively.
> Has strong presentation skills.
> Comprehensive knowledge of expense control as it relates to Heart of the house labor and the forecasting / budgeting of expenses
> Experience with purchasing and inventory systems
> Creative menu development skills
> Strong technical literacy, including Microsoft word and excel, payroll management and point of sale systems
> Superior client service skills and the ability to maintain poise under pressure
> Bilingual (English – Spanish) communication ability a positive
> Must be able to stand for long periods of time (8-12 hrs.)
> Some bending, twisting, squatting and lifting (up to 50lbs) will be required
> Must be available to work an average of 50 hours per week (varies greatly by season: peak season may cause a need for increased time, off season may require less time) including nights, weekends and Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $75,000.00 per year
The Ranch Country Club is seeking a qualified, highly motivated Catering Sales Director. The Salary on offer is $42k, with a generous guaranteed commission package bringing total compensation up to 100k per year.
The primary objective of this position is to help direct the Catering department to include planning, budgeting, forecasting, soliciting new business, maintaining current clients and promoting banquet and catering business for the Club. Revenue maximization and the ability to control Catering expenses through effective negotiation of services and accurate forecasting is required. The Director is ultimately responsible for achieving his/her budgeted sales plan. Internal/external events may include seminars, wedding receptions, bar and bat mitzvah, rehearsal dinners, luncheons, and golf tournament events. Member events may also include holiday parties, special events and more.
The Director develops relationships with Members, individuals and corporations who book events so as to maintain a catalog of repeat business while prospecting for new events. Additionally, s/he will promote the Club locally via bridal shows and other public events, which heighten awareness within the community. This position works closely with the Executive Chef when designing custom menus for clients. They must also work with the entire management team to communicate and prepare for upcoming events.
· Solicit new accounts and review previous Catering/Banquets files to generate business.
· Interact with clients and prospective clients to determine needs and direct staff accordingly.
· Must be able to direct and maintain the sales process. Respond to all inquiry phone calls/walk-ins. Conduct site visit/entertain potential clients.
· Assist with the development of, editing and distribution of all Banquet related files that generate business.
· Negotiate, prepare and write proposals and contracts.
· Works closely with Brides in the bridal market. Acts as face of business to those seeking Wedding venues. Brings imagination into each event.
· Create, edit and distribute all reports needed for daily, monthly and annual forecasting.
· Supervise and monitor performance of Catering staff in the proper preparation of Banquet menus, memos, and files.
· Tour and inspect banquet and meeting space
· Ensure that functions are set to client specific standards and ready to begin on time.
· Coordinate with other departments regarding client requests regarding the BEO process.
· Assure complete billing and deposit procedures as needed on a timely basis.
· Give overview of weekly events to staff, General Manager and Food & Beverage Department.
· Prepare daily/weekly/monthly forecast of Sales and Catering bookings and their effect on food, beverage and other miscellaneous revenues.
· Attend staff and other club meetings as needed.
· Performs other duties as requested by Supervisor.
· Two years experience as a Catering Sales Director
· Solid understanding of banquet revenue generation
· Proven track record of sales performance
· Knowledge of social etiquette
· Creative menu development skills
· High energy, outgoing personality
· Organizational skills and attention to detail
· Strong technical literacy including Microsoft Word and Excel
Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, employee partners and guests.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
Line Cook - The Ranch Country Club - AM and PM shifts available!
We are hiring cooks interested in working in a fun, team environment. Kitchen is open Wednesday through Sunday with full-time hours for morning or evening. This position will have full benefits, 401K, and PTO. This is a great opportunity to learn under a young Executive Chef interested in helping form careers.
Prepare food in accordance with club recipes and standards/specifications. Act as a first point of contact for other line cooks, providing guidance and clarifications. Assists Sous Chef in assigning cleaning and prep projects to cooks and stewards. Holds cooks and stewards to a high and professional standard in their behavior and attitude.
-Prepares all required items.
-Sets up service units with needed items.
-Prepares items that are ordered in accordance with established portions and presentation standards.
-Can perform prep and execution of all dishes on all stations.
-Demonstrates knowledge of prep, execution and plating specifications.
-Notifies sous chef of expected shortages.
-Ensures that assigned work areas and equipment are clean and sanitary.
-Assists the chef and sous chef in maintaining security and safety in the kitchen.
-Maintains neat professional appearance and observes personal cleanliness rules at all times.
-Sets-up, maintains and breaks down prep/cook station.
-Requisitions items needed to produce menu items.
-Adheres to state and local health and safety regulations.
-Covers, dates and neatly stores all leftover products that are re-usable.
-Maintains the highest sanitary standards.
-Coordinates and times orders with other kitchen operations.
-Ensures all dishes reach the window in a time frame consistent with quality.
-Makes recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the line prep area and equipment.
-Attends staff meetings
-Assists with other duties as assigned by sous chef.
Sous Chef; Executive Chef
No supervisory roles with this position
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
The Membership Relations and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for displaying a high level of professionalism in the Club and community area at all times and by providing polite and accommodating service to visitors to include Members, guests, prospective Members, vendors, clients and staff in person, via the telephone or email. This position is primarily responsible for all things Membership relations including tours for prospective Members, necessary administrative work for Membership changes, and coordination of marketing and communications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNTIONS
· Consistently and pleasantly communicate with all Members, guests, and prospective Members within and around the Club.
· Maintain regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
· Maintain high standards of professional appearance and grooming, which include wearing proper attire and name tag when working.
· Respond promptly to requests from Members, guests, and staff in a polite and professional manner.
· Assist in answering basic Member queries related to Club operations, Membership, and events to the best of your ability when possible.
· Host all prospective Member tours and discussions with the intent of selling the Club for Membership growth and recruitment.
· Maintain appointment schedule either electronically or manually.
· Provide general administrative and clerical support as needed to the Director of Membership Sales.
· Support Marketing Initiatives and coordination of information needed for marketing and Membership communications
· Social Media Engagement, Posting, and Responses
· Send or assist in sending Club emails on established schedule
· Prepare correspondence and documents.
· Control inventory relevant to reception area.
· Must be knowledgeable of events and Club happenings to inform and educate Members and guests.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
· High school diploma or GED required. AA or AS degree a plus.
· One to 3 years of Membership/customer Relations, administrative assistant or related experience preferred.
· Must be proficient with computers systems to include Outlook, email, MS Word, Excel and familiar with accounting and membership software.
· Demonstrated high level of accuracy in the performance of tasks and assignments.
· Strong organizational, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills required.
· Demonstrated results oriented and capable of working with minimal direction.
· Ability to manage complex projects simultaneously and meet frequent deadlines.
· Excellent team player with ability to work hands on in a fast-paced environment.
· Must possess ability to maintain confidentiality and to handle member and guest information in a confidential manner.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
· Requires ability to safely lift items up to 20 pounds occasionally.
· Be able to work in a sitting position for long periods of time.
· Be physically able to reach, bend, kneel, stoop and lift above shoulder level.
· Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
· Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
· Must be effective in listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by members, guests and staff members.
· Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
· Must be detailed oriented, able to manage data with a high degree of accuracy.
General Manager and Membership Sales Director
Job Types: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $21.00 per hour